Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unexpected Ultrasound


Mini G's size: At 17 weeks, Mini G is 5 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 5 ounces.

Weight gain: Depends on the day but I am varying from 3 pounds to 4.5 pounds of weight gain. Not too bad in my books but definitely need to stay on top of a workout routine.

Best moment this week: We got a surprise visit this week due to a minor injury at work. My favorite moment this week was seeing our baby and hearing the heartbeat. I could listen to a baby heartbeat all day long. Second would be feeling the baby move. Although, the quick and sharp pains I am feeling aren't the enjoyable flutters I hear of. ;) I have felt them inconsistently all day and know it will only get worse once it's a foot in the rib.

Food cravings: Fruit smoothies. I still want one all the time. Nothing else too odd. I'm having a harder time eating chicken but haven't really had many aversions, either. Still not much of an appetite.

Symptoms: Hello heartburn! It's a blast. This week was the first time I had to hit the Tums. Some headaches frequently and still exhausted every other day.

Gender: Because I had to have an ultrasound for a blow to my stomach at work, we got an unexpected ultrasound this week. I wasn't supposed to have our anatomy scan until February 18th but while we were there the ultrasound tech peeked and informed us that we're having a little boy! We cannot wait to meet our little man, Jack. Michael swears his name is going to be "Action Jack" and I just let him think it... for now.

Looking forward to: Feeling Jack move more. It's amazing to me. And I can't wait to start buying stuff for my little man. 

I'm a hot mess today so I will post a picture tomorrow. ;)

Love, 
The Growing Goodins! 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your kick to the stomach?!!? I'm assuming from a kiddo? ... I hope it was an accident though... Last year one of our kiddos told one of the teachers who was 8 months pregnant that he was going to kick her in the stomach so her baby came out deformed (yes, seriously!)

    And I hope i'm only up 3 pounds when i'm 17 weeks!!!!!

    YAY FOR BABY JACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not wait to meet Jack! You guys are going to have blast with mini Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee a boy!!!! :D so happy for you guys, I love reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very excited you are having a boy! I adore the name Jack!

    ReplyDelete