Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Playing the "Waiting Game"

It's been a while since I have updated but school was absolutely crazy the past few weeks and I was trying to survive the end of the year. Our last day of school was Thursday, May 30th but I spent Friday, Saturday, Monday and today at school unpacking and organizing my new classroom. I am trying not to stress out about everything that needs to get done at school, with maternity planning, packing our house and prepping for Jack but my head is spinning some days.

This Thursday I will hit 35 weeks. :) Only 3-5 more weeks to go until our little man makes his big debut. I AM SO EXCITED! I continue to go to the doctor twice a week for Non-Stress Tests and once a week for Biophysical Profiles (ultrasound to track his movement, my fluid levels, etc). We have one more follow up with the high risk doctors to check on his kidneys at 37 weeks. Right now they are not severe enough that they would consider inducing me early, which is great news for his kidneys. They are still dilated but we will take it one step at a time after his birth.

At today's appointment our child proved just how stubborn he is. He would not wake up or move while the ultrasound tech was trying to get him moving and he is normally a wiggler during ultrasounds. She poked and prodded at his feet to wake him up so then while the ultrasound tech was trying to measure his blood flow in his umbilical cord and Jack got mad she woke him up so he decided to keep smacking it around so she couldn't get an accurate reading. It was hilarious. He just kept smacking his umbilical cord so she couldn't keep the transducer over it for the reading.

In other news, I have had 3 out of 4 baby showers already. We feel so loved! :) I've had one with work and our group of friends threw me. Then, last weekend, I celebrated Jack with Michael's family. His sister did such a great job with the decor and food and I loved everything about it.

My family shower is this weekend and everyone has been so generous from the past 3, I don't even know where we will fit the rest of Jack's loot!

In addition to baby showers, a friend of mine convinced me to take some maternity pictures. She's a great photographer and had she not been so convincing, I still would have said "no" but I am glad we went ahead and took them. Here's a sneak peek at a few of the images from Daisyhead Photography. 



We tried a Pinterest pose she found and liked:
                  
                                          & the typical "belly button heart" pose:

Love, 
The GROWING Goodins

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures, but the book one is my favorite! We can not wait to meet Jack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOOOOVE all of these pictures! Where did you get your mint pants? And your tank? I need you to style me throughout the rest of this pregnancy ;) You're so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete