Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, May 6, 2013

Movin' along.

As of today I am 30.5 weeks along. It is completely and utterly insane to me that I will meet my sweet boy in just 9 weeks! (give or take) I am filled with excitement and anxiety of whats to come with meeting Jack, moving to our FIRST home together, and the end of the school year.

Look how much our big guy grew in 3 weeks! 

Mini G's size: According to babycenter.com, at 30 weeks the average baby weighs in around 3lbs. However, the more I have researched their charts, the more I realized they consider the "average" baby to be 7.6lbs. After discovering this, I feel much better about how big our child measures. I knew I'd most likely end up with a big baby thanks to my husband but even at that, Jack measured in at an estimated 4lbs 4oz at 30 weeks. CRAZY!! If he kept up with the weight gain of a half a pound each week, I'd be looking at a 9 and a half pound baby. I can't say much because Michael was 9lbs 8oz. His body continued to measure about 2.5 weeks ahead, also.

Weight gain: Still hanging out around 15 to 16 pounds. I'm pretty proud of this, especially since the doctor made me stop Zumba a month ago. I'm dying without it. Let's hope I don't gain more than 10 pounds the next 9.5 weeks.

Best moment this week: So much movement all the time. <3 I love it! Nothing is more reassuring and calming than hearing his heartbeat or feeling his movement. He was a stubborn little guy for the ultrasound (as usual) and decided to remain head-down and backwards for the entire thing. We pretty much stared at the back of his head and his spine. At the very end, we got him to turn a little so we could see his adorable little feet and his teeth buds in his mouth. 

Food cravings: Chocolate shakes. Probably not THE best thing for you but I only give in to them a few times a week and have been making them at home... delicious. I've also continued to crave Hot Box breadsticks but have yet to give in to that one.

Symptoms: HEARTBURN, insomnia, and uncomfortableness (which I know only gets worse). One day last week I overdid it at work and was completely exhausted. Jack was also sitting on my Sciatic nerve (how nice of him) and I lost all movement in my left leg. It was a pretty painful 8 hours or so and by the end of it, I couldn't even get off the couch. Luckily, that only lasted a day and I haven't had many problems since. 

Looking forward to: Seeing our big guy at my next ultrasound and meeting him in the (VERY) near future! 

Next appointment: Not sure. The doctor wants me to start coming in for non-stress tests once or twice a week and biophysical profiles because he is measuring ahead of schedule. If that's the case, I will be there two to three times a week for the next 9 weeks... ahh

On a side note, we have started taking child birthing classes. Sometimes I feel like Michael and I are the more immature ones there but tonight, many other couples were right there with us in laughing and cracking jokes. It's funny to watch Michael's expressions to videos and comments and then I quickly remind him that HE won't be the one experiencing these things, just watching. :) He still swears he's going to pass out. I'm not doubting it.


Along with Jack's progress, our house is making progress: 

Michael went to the pre-drywall meeting with the construction manager today and he confirmed we are looking at June 25th for our closing date. I will be 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant the day of closing. AHH! We will be enlisting every friend we have to help paint and move that week (assuming we aren't already in the hospital). 

This week they are installing insulation (most of it was done today) and drywall. Two weeks from today we should have everything painted (the standard white) and floors in the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room.

The progress has slowed down some which has made me very anxious. There for a while things were flying together and I got really excited. I cannot wait to see the difference in the house in 2 weeks.

With that being said, it's WAY past this mama's bedtime...

Love, 
The GROWING Goodins

4 comments:

  1. love the columns on the casa! Keep baking Jack, keep baking!! I love following you along (and live through you!) SOO excited for Jacks arrival!!! And goodness gracious, over a 9 lb baby once he's due? Good for you for only gaining 15-16 lbs, I wish I was that lucky (I think i've already gained that since I found out I was preggo! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Congratulaions about the weight gain. That is pretty amazing! You should be really proud of yourself. Very excited for Jack! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you guys! I know you have a lot of friends that are probably helping, but I would be willing to if needed. :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing the house the other day! Jack is getting so big! I can not believe he will be here so soon!!! I need to try this Hot Box place!

    ReplyDelete