Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, April 5, 2013

"That's my boy!"


Mini G's size: According to babycenter.com, at 26 weeks the average baby weighs "a pound and two-thirds" which is roughly 1lb 5 oz. Well... we already know our chunk weighed more than that at 22.5 weeks. At 26 weeks, Jack was estimated to weigh 2lbs 9oz which, according to babycenter's weight chart, is the average size for a 30-week baby. Oh boy! His body was measuring 28.5 weeks roughly and his head was measuring over 29 weeks. At this point, I pray this baby slows down or I'm afraid to see what he comes out as.

Weight gain: I fluctuate between 11 to 13 pounds gained at this point. I went to Zumba this week but the high risk doctor told me to ask my OB if it was still smart to keep going. Since it is finally warming up I can at least go for walks with Cooper to get some exercise in. 

Best moment this week: The ultrasound tech surprised us with a 3D ultrasound. I've never seen one in person before and it was amazing to see the details of his face. At first, he would not move his hands from his face but she poked at him a little and he gave in for a few minutes. Then turned his back to us. Rotten like his father. ;) We also found out that Jack's right kidney seems to be within normal range for fluid so we're really only concerned about his left kidney at this point. His left kidney still had plenty of fluid so they will continue to monitor me every 3-4 weeks with an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech also noted how wiggly our little man is. I see a recurring theme here ... I don't think he likes sitting still.

Food cravings: Root Beer floats! Yum. :) I've been eating one every few nights but keep it to  a small glass. I drove by HotBox pizza the other day and have been thinking about their breadsticks and cheese ever since but have yet to give in to that one.

Symptoms: HEARTBURN. It's killing me. I plan on asking my doctor for something stronger than Tums when she returns from vacation next week.

Looking forward to: More movement and watching our house continue to progress. I'm ready to move in, paint and get settled in.

Next appointment: I have to repeat the glucose test in 2 weeks. I pray that I pass the 1-hour test so I don't have to repeat the horrible 3-hour test. 

Here's our little man...

Love, 
The GROWING Goodins

No comments:

Post a Comment